The national conference on SDGs voluntary national review and post HLPF scenario was held on Thursday, July 25, 2019, in Islamabad Hotel. Professionals from the development sector’s organizations including NGOs/INGOs, from the private sector, civil society organizations, members from the National Parliamentary Task Force on SDGs and from the Planning Commission of Pakistan attended the conference.
Objectives of the event:
To update and progress sharing on what Pakistan and the civil society has done so far on the implementation of SDGs in Pakistan.
To reflect on what Government of Pakistan and the civil society have presented in the high-level political forum.
Following was the list of guest speakers:
- Mr. Chaudhry Muhammad Shafique (Executive Director: Parliamentarians Commission for Human Rights)
- Ms. Munazza Gillani (CD- Sight savers)
- Mr. Shakeel Ahmed (ACD-UNDP)
- Mr. Ali Kemal (SDGs Unit Planning Commission of Pakistan)
- Mr. Hashim Bilal (CD- VSO Pakistan)
- Ms. Nafeesa Khattak (Member National Parliamentary Task Force on SDGs)
- Ms. Ghazala Saifi (Member National Parliamentary Task Force on SDGs)